Monday 23 June 2008

Praising the good behaviour

Most of the time (and this for the last couple of years), my boss and I have communication issues.
That's probably what happens when one mixes friendship with work - when the work stuff aren't going so well, the friendship suffers, which in turns makes the dialogue at work increasingly difficult.
Well, at least that's what happened to us, and it's been quite hard getting out of this vicious circle - me getting paranoid, her getting incredibly frustrated, us not understanding each other.
So when on a monday afternoon, my boss and i spend 3 hours chatting about not only my work/progress but the dynamics of the lab and our field in general, all of this in a positive kind of way and actually listening to each other's input, i somehow remember that it can actually be nice to work for with her.
And suddenly i want to be in the lab again.

No comments: