Friday 20 June 2008

Lovely spot

A time-course over a day, with samples to harvest every 3 hours.
This means a night in the lab, trying to sleep in the over-heated office on an uncomfortable mattress, hoping i won't turn off my timer and fall back asleep, as if it was morning and my alarm clock was going off.
I can't just oversleep - every 3 hours i need to go down to the dark-room, and freeze some seedlings.
9 o'clock, last "night" sample before i dash home for a shower - i need to be back for the 12 o'clock harvest.
Nobody's in the building yet - weird, i'd hope some people would have arrived by now. It's been a quiet and lonely night.
Passing through the door of the lab on my way back, a pair of tweezers in one hand and a bucket of liquid nitrogen in the other, i hear some noise in the office.
"Morning !!"
My lovely boyfriend.
My lovely boyfriend who has decided to surprise me at 9:05 sharp.
My lovely boyfriend who has just brought with him a lovely breakfast.
I know.
I'm a lucky girl.

No comments: